PRESS RELEASE IAAF ANNOUNCES MOBILE FILM COMPETITION FOR YOUNG FILMMAKERS© iaaf.orgWorking in collaboration with the International Athletics Film Festival (FICA), the IAAF Heritage and Broadcast departments have announced a mobile film competition open to young filmmakers from around the world.
Open to all aspiring filmmakers regardless of experience under the age of 23, the competition is seeking short athletics-themed films, no longer than two minutes, made on mobile phones.
The winner’s prize will be a six-day trip for two to the IAAF World U20 Championships Nairobi 2020 that takes place next July in the Kenyan capital, which includes round-trip flights and hotel accommodation on a bed and breakfast basis.
A few rules:
- Filmmakers are limited to one submission
- The film must be shot entirely on a mobile and connected device (smart phones, tablets) in HD or 4K format (720p, 1080P, 4K), vertical or horizontal. Films made on other types of cameras (such as DSLR, video camera, GoPro etc.) will not be accepted.
- The film should not exceed two minutes.
- Non-English language films must include English subtitles.
- The contest is open to all filmmakers who will be under 23 years old on 31 December 2019.
Please see the complete rules and download the submission form iaaf-wu23-mobile-film-competition The submission deadline for the competition is 4 October 2019.
The winner will be selected by a FICA jury and announced at the second edition of the FICA festival will take place from 4 to 9 November 2019 in San Sebastian, Spain.